Frequently Asked Questions
When thinking about a trip for pleasure or business, here are some very good reasons to use a travel consultant:
- Travel consultants offer one-stop shopping for travelers who need airfare, rental cars and/or limos, hotel accommodations, cruise reservations and more. Much like personal shoppers, we offer the best advice and recommendations based on your individual desires and not the suppliers
- Travel consultants can offer destination and supplier information that you just cannot find online. Having personally traveled to the actual destinations, consultants obtain the amount of travel expertise that an online site/blog cannot provide you.
- We have relationships with many hotels, tour companies, and airlines but we are not committed to any of them. We are able to make unbiased recommendations which will be best for you. We compare all offers and advise our customers the best choices for them.
- As your travel consultant, we stay on top of the most current promotions via fax, agent only emails, and through our developed relationships with various supplier representatives. The least expensive option is not always best option! We explain the fine print, such as cancellation penalties and restrictions to help save you not only time but money. With our professional expertise, we can also save you headaches.
- Travel consultants add value as they share experiences and facts they have accumulated to provide information from what to pack to where to eat and shop. We also do our best to enhance your experience with welcome notes and special amenities on arrival.
- When it comes to airlines, hotels and cruise requests, the travel consultant is often able to make special requests that you wouldn’t be able to make on your own. We can sometimes use our leverage to get you into that sold out hotel or have that exit row seat opened.
- While no one likes to encounter a problem while traveling, your consultant acts as your voice if one does occur. He or she will personally be there for you to solve problems when the internet just can’t.
Whatever works best for YOU! Usually via phone or email. Although in the initial stages, we prefer to meet one on one to get to know you and your likes and dislikes. When time doesn’t allow, a phone consultation will always work. Once reservations have been made and your deposit is placed, we are still available to you anytime via email or telephone to discuss any last minute questions about your trip. Personal service is always guaranteed!
We only work with the most reputable airlines and tour operators. Prices always vary in the travel industry, but travel consultants are able to use their expertise, product knowledge and supplier relationships to offer you the very best price accompanied by great service.
Normally, airfare needs to be paid the day reservations are made. Fares are always subject to change until ticketed. For packages, we have a little more flexibility. Vacation packages usually require a deposit of 150.00-250.00 per person. Final payments are due 45-60 days prior to your departure date.
Travel insurance will need to be paid with the deposit as it protects your deposit dollars.
Most airline tickets are now electronic so there are no documents to keep up with. The invoice we send you as your confirmation acts as your ticket. When you check in you will be issued a boarding pass. For vacation packages, we usually receive those documents via email or regular mail approximately 14-21 days in advance of your departure. For more detailed itineraries, we like to meet with you again to sit down and go over all documents to ensure all is in order and answer any last questions you may have.
Travel Protection plans are available and recommended to help protect you and your trip investment. Travel Protection Policies offered by most major travel insurance providers include benefits such as Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay and more. Travel insurance offered by the tour company or cruise line is not always the best option and/or value as it does not cover all components of your trip. Please contact us at 817-586-8476 to learn more about the available plans. Custom Escapes recommends travel insurance.
Look for consultants with the professional designation of a CTA or CTC beside their name. They both mean higher levels of education, certification and experience. CTA, Certified Travel Agent, is the first step for agents who want to be at the top of the travel industry. CTC, Certified Travel Consultant, is the pinnacle of the travel industry. You really want to look for agents that are not only CTA’s or CTC’s but that also have a specialty. These agents usually have a DS or LS beside their name as well. Having a specialty means that the agent or consultant makes education a big part of their business plan.
We can be reached by phone at 817-586-8476, by fax at 817-548-7955, or by email at email@example.com. Call us to start planning! We can’t wait to hear from you!